Thursday, November 7, 2019

Final Blog

                                                                    Final Blog                                                   

    Today is the last day I could work without rush on my commercial. I finally entered the ending portion of the editing stage. Today was also an early release day for school so I only had 40 minutes to work on my commercial. The last class, we had some time to edit, so I got everything prepared and tidied up some of the clips in order to finish it today. We also had to save our work on the laptop we got, which mines was number 20. Just in case I also saved it onto my flashdrive. When I pulled out my laptop today, I signed out under #20. I booted up my laptop and plugged it in. Then, I tried opening the commercial from the laptops storage but the file was corrupted so the footage was blank.
Thankfully, I saved it on my flashdrive just in case this happened.

    When I pulled the file off my my flashdrive, it was not corrupted. Pinnacle Studios 18 was the software I was editing on this time. The loading screen popped up and I was ready to work. I noticed and remembered that I had to get music into the commercial. In my previous blogs I mentioned how I was going to use upbeat, repetitive rhythmic music in my Gatorade commercial. After barely one minute of searching I found a good song to use. It had the upbeat tune and the drums were playing repetitively all while being rhythmic. I had to download the .mp3 file for the music so I copied the link and headed to listentoyoutube.com and got it. I then uploaded it into pinnacle studies, then instantly to track 3. I adjusted the audio to the starting point and tested it out.

    The music fitted in perfectly with the video. Even the editing from last class, when I edited all the bad and good clips of the high five part into one, matched the beat of the music. So then in order to hear the talking that was featured in the footage, I clipped off a section of it and deleted it. The running sounds playing from the footage at the end of the video was a good idea to keep, but i decided it would match the ending to get rid of it. Last class I also put up a Gatorade Logo at the end of the video big and clear in the middle of the screen. To follow up before the logo appeared, I put the slogan "Is it in you?" at the bottom of the screen as we were running. As soon as the last drum sound finished before the video ended, I cropped the music and deleted the remainder of it. The lack of sound at the end announces the video is about to be over. This is about the time the bell rang, so then I saved the commercial onto the laptop and flashdrive. The long process to complete my commercial was a new experience to me and I liked it a lot, and now it is about nearly done.

No comments:

Post a Comment