Friday, January 17, 2020

Supernatural Spirit Pitch Blog

Supernatural Spirit Pitch Blog
     First off, out of the three pitches our group made, we have to choose two to move forward. The first pitch involved someone preventing murder through predicting the future. The second pitch involves someone with supernatural spirit abilities and saving his house from deconstruction. The third pitch involves someone waking up from a coma while still being in a coma. All three of these pitches were from our own original minds. Personally for me, I felt that the first pitch would be hard to film and make it seem realistic. When I talked about this with Taylor, my other group member, she agreed with me. We decided to not work with pitch 1, and narrow it down to pitch 2 and 3. Pitch 1 was an excellent idea, but it would involve skills and hard work not meant for our group yet. On the other hand, pitch 1 and 2 are all plausible ideas to film.

     Now, focusing on pitch 2, it was a really interesting idea our group collaborated on. I wanted to make a film based on the supernatural. Our group overheard someone talking with the teacher about a car accident film idea. I took it upon myself to try figuring something out such as the main character going into a coma or something after the car accident. Instead, I made a semi-joke to Taylor saying that the main characters gets hit so hard his spirit flies out. Then I figured we could work with a film based on spirits. If the main character was actually dead, I thought it would not make sense since how can the plot run off of only a ghost, it is possible, but I decided to have the main character be alive. We chose this pitch since it seemed like a much more approachable idea compared to another pitch like pitch 1. I feel like this pitch is good, as well as Taylor, since it is not something we have seen before. Pitch 2 feels original and creative to me and my partner, Taylor, and that is why we chose this.

     Next, focusing on pitch 3, it was probably the most exciting since it involves a lot of plot twists. Before we made any of our pitches, my group was trying to pull ideas together, and one of the first ideas was about something related to comas. The coma idea felt blander and blander as we worked on making the other ideas more interesting and started to form pitches. So, as I was thinking about it, I wanted a plot twist in the beginning, to get the potential viewers hooked. In order to make a pitch, we needed to get the full scheme of the movie into motion first. After the other pitches were nearly done, I wanted more plot twists out of this plot. Then I went for the biggest one imaginable, and basically made it so that whatever was portrayed in the film was all the main character's imagination. My group chose this pitch since over lots of thinking, it proved to also be creative and original, just like pitch 2. Pitch 3 is a good pitch since it describes the entire plot of the movie in a simple way of understanding, and it also has an interesting plot to it. It is also a good pitch since me and Taylor figured out it would be a fun movie to film.

     Finally, out of all three pitches, my group can only choose one of them. Through two days of thinking and making three pitches, we also got an idea of which ones are better than the other. Pitch 1 was too complicated to film with the skills we have currently, so we got rid of that one first. The next two, pitch 2 and 3, were both really good in me and Taylor's eyes. Pitch 2 highlighted a supernatural and unique kind of plot. I was really looking forward to this movie as a comedy. It fully holds the possibility of that with its not so violent and serious tone to it. Pitch 3 showed off what it means to be lost and confused. The main character and possibly even the possible viewers are confused up until the very end of the movie. Concluding this, me and Taylor preferred pitch 2 as the best pitch we had, so we will continue to work with it for the Final Task of AICE Media.

No comments:

Post a Comment