Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

                                                                 Starting the Final Task                                   

     Re-introducing myself, my name is Peter. I am in high school and I am taking the Cambridge program. I have a lot of very good grades and since I started high school, I have gained many friends. I enjoy making my self satisfied, and this depends on my feelings. I felt that I have not changed that much since middle school, but I do like that about me. My self esteem in high school compared to my 8th grade year is almost equal, which is an extremely good thing for me. For my extracurricular activities, I am enrolled in 4 clubs, namely the Animation, Model United Nations, Surfriders, and the Anime club. In my free time I like to play games, go on my phone, and watch anime. My group for the final task is a duo, and her name is Taylor. I was thinking I would go alone, but I figured that it would be much more efficient with another student, which worked out well.

     Over the past school year, I felt that the Cambridge program really changed me. AICE Media especially changed me the most since I had to adapt to turn in my work on time. Through AICE Media, I learned how to better manage my time through the blogs. I have always had a 'talent' to somehow turn in work on time, for the most part. Through the school year, Media has always threw different challenges, and allowed my 'talent' show the most. A most noteworthy example of this was when the midterm due date came around. Under tough circumstances, I managed to turn in my work 6 minutes before it was due. Also, Media helped me type and understand things faster, since the pace is fast. I have also learned a few more talents/skills such as filming and observation. Overall, switching to AICE Media was an excellent choice I made and it makes me excited to have tried out a new learning experience.

     To make our movie, we need to think of some ideas before hands, and this is where pitches come in. A pitch is a generalization of a movie in 25 words or less. It describes the key plot in simplicity, so then we had to make three of our own. Someone has the ability to use his spirit as a ghost and tries to stop a construction company from destroying his house since he's "dead" is our first pitch idea. It features a supernatural ability in a normal world. Someone has the ability to predict events in the future and he/she predicts his family dying, then he tries stopping his predicted events through effort, is our second pitch idea. This pitch idea was supposed to create a suspenseful plot.  Someone "wakes" up from a coma, then gets kidnapped by the gang of criminals who put him into a coma, but he didn't actually wake. This idea for a movie is all about major plot twists, and the end itself is the biggest plot twist of them all. Our group created these three pitch ideas through concentrated effort, which will help us greatly when completing the final task for AICE Media.




No comments:

Post a Comment