Thursday, January 7, 2021

Filming Progress Check 2

Filming Progress Check 2

    In the past few days, I have started filming the majority of the in-game Fortnite content. Right now, I have almost all of the clips ready. So far I have edited over half of my recordings so far. It has taken me over 5 or 6 hours to film this much. The quality of the recordings look great and all of them look relatively smooth. When I first started filming, I used Twitch to stream the game and then save the stream. The quality of the stream was not good so I decided to look for other programs to use. I tested Geforce Experience and it affected my game negatively. After some time, I came across OBS Studio on the internet. I have downloaded it before, though I deleted it because I didn't know how to use it. When I got it again, it was honestly very easy to use. I streamed with it, and to my surprise its performance was surprisingly amazing. I then tested out recording with it and with some changes done to the settings, it worked fine. It could record in 1080p and 60 FPS nicely. My biggest step in my filming process spanned over three days. I could only record after school and with editing, I could not film for too long.

    Yesterday, I started filming within the game's built in replay system. It could replay many recent games I have played and I could control my perspective to any place at any time in those games. It has given me some amazing shots in-game. I still used OBS Studio to record parts of the replays as well. So far I am making great progress in filming and I hope that I will finish by tomorrow! I will blog again when this happens!


                                                (A folder of many of my in-game recordings)

No comments:

Post a Comment