Friday, January 8, 2021

Significant Editing Progress

Significant Editing Progress

   Yesterday, I blogged about my filming progress. While filming, I have been editing as well and I have made significant progress with it. I currently have around 1-2 minutes of recordings that I edited to make sense, to be in order, and to look great. I have not edited in many transitions, and so far many of them are cuts. Though with my work so far, if all of my recordings are put in place, many transitions will be completed. My filming progress is currently looking good, which means my editing progress also has to look good..

   As I have blogged yesterday about it, I am using the editing software called "Shotcut", and it is a very professional one indeed. My nearly-completed film will be done soon, most likely by Sunday. Regarding my music, I have made significant progress with fixing the copyright issues with my film's soundtrack. I found two non-copyrighted songs that fit very well with my film. I have used a copyrighted song in some of my edited recordings and I loved it, though I need permission to use it. I have taken the correct steps to contact the potentially correct labeling companies for this song. So far one of them has responded and directed me to the actual labeling company that owns the song. I have emailed the correct company today. I am still hoping for a response that will grant me access to use their song in my film. I also made sure to contact the producer of one of the non-copyrighted songs I will be using. The producer replied surprisingly, and relatively fast as well. The email the producer sent is proof of my permission to use their song in my film. My progress on editing is going well and smoother than at first. I am estimating that I have around 8 hours of filming and editing completed so far, and I will continue to work hard to finish my short film, "Towards Victory"! I shall blog with more information on my progress again tomorrow, bye!

(A screenshot of the name of my most recent work in Shotcut)

   


No comments:

Post a Comment