Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Genre Choice for Film

 Genre Choice for Film

    Hello, in this blog I will be choosing the genre choice for my film that I officially want to use. I am choosing the action/adventure genre for my film! I chose the action/adventure genre because it matches what I want my film to feel like the best! Of course I can add some comedic scenes in the movie, which is what I want to add, though I will be focusing on the action/adventure for the most part for my film.

    I was inspired to choose the action/adventure genre out of the three genres I chose to research because the first thing I thought of when thinking of a pitch was action and adventure. To make a film about two brothers working together and succeeding is very action filled and adventurous. The inspiration to continue with this genre is me remembering how me and my brother felt when we watched the Fortnite World Cup video about the winner of this world-wide Fortnite tournament who is nicknamed Bugha. The video is called "Bugha - Stories from the Battle Bus", which features a 16 year old named Bugha in Fortnite as he won $3,00,000 after being recognized as the world's best Fortnite player. This video was so well built and so inspiring that I truly decided to stick with the action/adventure genre. It reflects what I want my film to feel like and how I want to make my film. Seeing a 16 year old work so hard and succeed is truly inspiring, and the video on his success in the Fortnite World Cup inspired me to stick with the action/adventure genre for my film.

    The comedy and thriller genres match some parts of what I want in my film, though it is not what I want my films to be and feel mostly about. The action and adventure of the success in my film is what I want to highlight in my film. The story of Bugha winning the Fortnite World Cup inspired me and my brother about how awesome and legendary it is to truly win something that big. This film that I will be making will match exactly what I felt while watching this video, which is what I will accomplish for my film! I did not have to tweak my pitch because my pitch matches my thoughts and ideas that are in my mind for my film. I am choosing the action/adventure genre for my AICE Media A Level Final Task film because it best represents my thoughts and ideas on my pitch and film. Winning a Fortnite tournament is truly remarkable and action packed, and there is an entire adventure from the start to the finish. I will make my film action packed with an adventure story that will remake what the Bugha Fortnite World Cup story made me and my brother feel. I will make my film on two brothers winning a Fortnite tournament together an action and adventure film to make the film the best it can be and the best to make me and my brother feel the best about it together!



No comments:

Post a Comment