Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Genre Research - Comedy and Thriller

 Genre Research - Comedy and Thriller

    In this blog, I will be researching the comedy and thriller blogs for my movie! First off, the common CAMS, camera angles, movements, and shots in these genres are eye-level and high angles for the angles. Then for the movements, in comedies, tracking shots and tilts are used very much. Then in thriller movies, tracking shots, pans, along with tilts are used very much as well. Finally for the shots, many wide shots and medium shots are used for comedy and thriller movies, and specifically for the comedy movies, many close ups are used as well.

    First on the list, common sounds in the comedy genre are laughing effects and silence, to create a laughable atmosphere. Then for common sounds in thriller, up-beat and long-sounding music tracks are used a lot, especially silence is also used as well.

    Second on the list, common CLAMPS in the comedy and thriller genre are city clothing, then bright lighting, the acting has a lot of laughter and smiling in it, then for makeup, natural makeup is very common. Then for props, jewelry and rich cars are used a lot. Then for setting, most films take place in city settings with many people.

    Third on the list, common editing in the comedy and thriller genres are very quick transitions, brightening effects, and sometimes adding voice overs for comedic and tense reasons.

    Then for example films of comedy movies are Onward and Bad Boys. Another example is Scoob! Example films for thriller films are the Extractions and 21 Bridges.

 Next, I love comedy films because of how good they make me feel! I love all the laughter and the jokes, whether they be smart or have cringe effects to them. Then I love them even more because of all the bright jokes and emotions all throughout the movie. Then again I do not like them because dark humor may be involved. Then I love thriller films because they are very cool and exciting with all of the plot twists. I do not like thriller films sometimes because they may be scary and violent, which are things I usually do not like. This is my research blog on the comedy and thriller films, which are both genres I enjoy truly! 



No comments:

Post a Comment