Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Genres I Would Like to Research

                                                                Genres I Would Like to Research

    Hello and welcome to another blog about my Final Task for my AICE Media Class A level this year! I am now diving into the topic on genres for my film, and my pitch idea has to match these genres. My pitch is about an adventure with two brothers as they work together to overcome a Fortnite tournament and beat it despite them playing on two unique platforms. The obvious genre that comes to my mind is first action/adventure. Then there are two other types of genres that also match the film I have in my mind which are the comedy genre and the thriller genre. These three genres are the genres I would like to research.

    First on my list for movie genres, the action/adventure genre is of course about action and adventures. My film from the very pitch describes a course of action and adventure. The action and adventure that are both represented in my pitch comes from two brothers winning a Fortnite tournament, this is the basic plot for my movie. Then I said that the two brothers working together playing on unique platforms, so this is also another source of action and adventure. I would love to research the action/adventure genre because it matches my film so well!

    Second on my list for movie genres, the comedy genre is about making the audience laugh and giving everyone a good time. With my film idea in my mind, I can very vividly imagine a comedic movie that involves playing games and having fun. Two brothers that are playing a cartoon shooter game together as they rise up to the top sounds like such a blast and making it comedic is what I exactly intend to to with my film, which is why I would love to research the comedy genre!

    Third on my list for movie genres, the thriller genre is to give the audience a feeling of fast pacing and a lot of things to think about. Through a thriller genre, my movie can very well match it because of the tournament and training aspect to my movie. With a tournament, the movie can feel very thrilling as people get moved up the leader boards so that they can win the prize at the top. Then before the tournament happens, there has to be training so that the two brothers will become the best they can be and succeed in the tournament, which both of these examples are why I would love to research the thriller genre!

    The top three genres I would like and love to research are the action/adventure, comedy, and the thriller genres. These three genres highlight what I want my movie to be about and what my film will feel like!



No comments:

Post a Comment