Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming Blog

                         Filming Blog           

    Yesterday, I filmed my Gatorade commercial. I had to sign up for my camera and the kit, including the bag, tripod, and tripod bag. There was also the SD card I had brought from home in order to store my footage I shot. I then proceeded to bring my equipment to the track field. I am in a solo group, so I asked my friends if they could help me, and they said yes. When I started my camera, I got a notification saying something along the lines of, Memory Card Unreadable. I hurried back to the Media room and asked if I could borrow one of the class SD cards. I signed out the SD card and went back to the track field. I opened up my tripod and set it facing the track field on the outskirts of it. I prepared the camera and finally attached it to the tripod.

     Next, I had to wait for my friends to try helping me. I needed one camera controller and another to be in the shot with me. Once two of them were ready I could record. The first scene was with me and someone else jogging on the track field. We had to fake being tired at the end in order to get into the next scene. The second acne was about me handing a Gatorade to my tired friend. The shot was a handheld over the shoulder type. We had to take this scene twice since we started drinking the Gatorade when we were not supposed to. When the third scene rolled around, this is when we were supposed to drink the Gatorade.  The drinking had to be slow in order to make the cut for the total 30 seconds of footage.

  Then, to make the Gatorade look and taste good to my future viewers, me and my friend made it look satisfying. This fourth scene was just us smiling and talking about how much better we felt after drinking the Gatorade. Sadly, for the fifth scene, I forgot to record it. It was supposed to be me and my friend high fiving each other. I will take it on Monday when we have 30 more minutes to shoot or retake our commercial clips. The final scene, the sixth one, involved us jogging away. This scene was played out but went missing or was inadequate. I have to shoot the last two scenes again on Monday. I finally went back to the classroom, dumped my footage on a PC and then on my flash drive both with an SD card reader. Overall I had fun shooting my commercial and felt satisfied with the work I finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment