Thursday, March 12, 2020

Editing Blog: Finding Missing Recordings

Editing Blog: Finding Missing Recordings
   In past blogs, I wrote about how some of our footage is inaccessible. Yesterday, I told Taylor by text to bring her personal camera to school so I can determine if I can take out the footage. Today, I asked her if she brought her camera, and she did. I then told her about the camera and its ports. She told me earlier that she used one of the cables used in the camera set given by the school to connect her camera to her computer. I told her that we should go get the camera set. I asked my teacher for it and she said she will give it to us. Before that, we went back to our seats and I tried importing the footage right off the SD card that was in the camera into the laptop. The files were there but they were said to be invalid for registry. I then thought that there must have been some sort of internal storage on the camera itself.
   Then, we went to go ask our teacher for the camera set. She gave us the cables and then we tried plugging them into the camera. The first one we tried was the AC DC cable. It fit well into the camera and into the computer. The files that were previously invalid for registry were still not working. Then, I tried opening them with VLC media player and they played fine. Now I started copying them onto my flash drive. Then I gave it to Taylor so she could copy it onto her SD card. She copied it on her desktop, then her SD card. The missing footage was now found.

No comments:

Post a Comment