Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing Blog: Mysteries and Elusive

   In the last editing blog, I talked about our editing problems. In order to edit, we need good footage and enough footage. However, by then, we did not have more than one minute of working footage and it was the second half of the total footage. This would have created confusion if watched without any background information or context. Over the weekend, I wish I could have filmed. Over the weekend, I had to go to a Model UN conference at Florida International University. The only day I had time to film was Sunday and that was after around two o'clock, when I arrived home from coming back from the Model UN conference.

   Now, there is no new footage that we can start editing on. Also, when I edited the footage we had for the Peer Review, I edited on Windows Movie Maker since there was not a lot of time left and Taylor did not actually edit. I told Taylor to edit however she probably thought editing meant to edit in class, and not at home. So I had to edit the footage really quickly to have something at least presentable. The edited footage will most likely not be used anymore since the proper title editing is on Pinnacle Studios, which are on the school laptops and computers. The mystery to our editing stage is when we will complete the filming stage. The filming stage is not yet complete for us and it is hard to get by. Filming took longer than expected, which was nearly four hours for just one minute of footage.

   Then, the editing stage is elusive. Whenever I have time to work on our project in class, I usually do other work for different classes. This makes me and my group not work directly on the video. However this is not proper a good editing stage. I feel we should redo the filming blog do the editing blog soon afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment