Thursday, March 19, 2020

Re-Editing Blog

   Today was the day I was planning to finally finish the editing, what I mean by re-editing, and filming portion of the movie. However, Taylor said she could not film tonight. I told her that I do not want to finish the work at the last minute, however she still declined. She told me that we should film tomorrow. I agreed to this because it meant I had more times to do things tonight. I also wanted to include that I wanted to add a voice over to the scene where I am in bed. I felt that we should change the idea that Bruno did not know about his spirit beforehand so I asked her if we should make it that he knows about it. This would make sense since later on Bruno calls out his spirit, but how would he know how to do that if he didn't know about his spirit's existence? My idea fixed that little problem that may have caused confusion to the viewer. The voice over I wanted to include would talk about something that Bruno remembered, which was that his spirit was out last night and the car didn't hit him.

   I went into the bathroom and started recording my audio on my phone. I had to record different lines and in different ways. I started off small with a few words like, "Oh yea, I remember I pulled my spirit out yesterday". My final dialogue of the voice over I sent to Taylor by text and email was, "Oh yea my spirit was out last night, so the car didn't hit me, but my spirit phrased through it." She accepted and said before I sent it to her that she would edit it into the video. She also warned me that the footage we would record for the first half of the movie had to be shorter than the second half since we covered 1:30 with the length of the second half. I told her that the footage before proper editing was that long. She said, "even with all the cutting and such it was still 1:30". I told her to try making it any shorter. Tomorrow will be the day we finally finish the recording and maybe start the editing, and we will be prepared to do so since that is all we have left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment