Monday, November 30, 2020

Music Choice Selection and Progress

 Music Choice Selection and Progress

   Today on the last day of this year's November month, I took the time to find some music to use in my film. Last year, I used copy-right free music in my film with my partner. Now since I have more experience and I want to make my film better, I am looking for copyrighted music to use. Of course I have to ask permission and get permission from the artists to use it in my film. I first wanted to look for action music to use. When I was scrolling through my storyboard Google Slides, I noticed the scenes where I put emphasis on my computer starting up. I remembered that on my Xbox One X console, the startup is a very emphasized boom sound effect. I looked at the sound effect again and I decided it would be a good idea to use it for those scenes.

   Now again back onto the action music, one of the ideas I had was to use anime music. I know Japanese music in a Fortnite film does not seem to match, though using the instrumental versions of the songs could be amazing to use in the film. I decided to check around for different anime opening instrumental versions that have good action beats and a fast paced rhythm. I looked at Black Clover openings and the first One Piece opening instrumentals and they can match the film. I am trying to find better action music, though sometimes soundtracks like these can be a great fit as well. There is also another song I tried looking into and I found a song I listen to a lot. It is under the label of action music for the anime "Seven Deadly Sins", and it is indeed a very nice song to have playing during a fight scene in the show. Though I am making a film about Fortnite and two brothers trying to win a duo tournament for money, and this fight scene music may or may not fit in the overall mood of my future film.

   To first get copyright permission on the music soundtracks, I commented on two videos with instrumental anime openings to ask the channel if I need to get their permission or the original author's permission to use them. I then went on the personal website for the composer of the action song "Perfect Time", which was used in the anime "Seven Deadly Sins". I emailed him asking for permission and if I should have contacted him for permission to use the song. Overall, I am on the right track to get copyrighted music and sound effects into my film, which is a bonus. The majority of songs presently, I believe, are copyrighted and so having access to these songs is better for my film's soundtrack. I hope I get to use songs that I like and that add a good and positive mood to my film, along with the action vibe, too.



(GIF of a scene from the first opening of One Piece)



No comments:

Post a Comment