Thursday, February 27, 2020

Editing Blog: Editing Problems Found

Editing Blog: Editing Problems Found
   This week I had so far two days to work on my editing part of the project. Since we only filmed half of our movie opening last week, we could only edit that much. We used two cameras to film our video last week, the one provided by the school and her own camera. We put the same SD card in both of them, which was owned by Taylor. When Monday came around, Taylor dumped the footage we had onto a school laptop with an SD card reader. That was the work we did for the editing stage on Monday. Two days later, on Wednesday, I attempted to retrieve a clip of me beating my brother from when I recorded. Taylor went to find it. She was also trying to edit on the editing software provided by the school on the laptops. I handed her my flash drive.

   After a few minutes of going on my phone, she told me she had a little problem. She could not find a few of the clips we recorded at her house on the files she had on her laptop. These clips were the ones she recorded on her own camera. She said she had no idea why or what had happened. Even so, on her laptop the rest of the clips could only be played through the editing software. I had figured that her camera had its own on board storage and saved the recordings by default there. She said she would check at home. I also had thought maybe her laptop does not allow her to watch the videos normally, so I tried watching it on my laptop. She copied the videos to my flash drive and the videos played normally. There were a few problems to start editing our film, but we are still working on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment