Friday, April 17, 2020

Final Task Blog


Final Task Blog
   Below is a Google Slides presentation of my Final Task. The Final Task is a movie opening that me and my partner Taylor have been working on for a few months, since January. I am super glad and happy that it is finally completed, and everything for the most part looks amazing! Due to the decreased amounts of proper communication and socializing between my and Taylor recently, some of my ideas from the storyboard/myself did not come across to her when she was editing the video, but I feel that it definitely is legendary and what we both wanted! Our movie opening features a story of a man, Bruno Bucciaratti, who has supernatural powers to summon his spirit, so then he gets robbed one night. His spirit was out during that time, but was not known to him until the next morning. He got robbed the night before and was supposedly hit by a car. However, due to his spirit being out, instead of him, he was perfectly fine, for the most part. He wakes up to his house robbed and the debt collector coming to his door. The debt collector asks for money that he does not have anymore since he was robbed. 

   Then Bruno pulls out his spirit and fights the debt collector until he is dead, and pulls him into the house. The sudden cliffhanger there is supported by the flyer originally showcased first after the establishing shot talking about the debt collector and his eviction notice to leave the house. Now with a murder case on his hands, what will happen next? Sadly, there was no more time to put anything other than the featured video and the titles. The titles are the most important thing to put in the movie opening, since it showcases and features important people that were working and were a part of the movie. I felt that Taylor could have edited in some voice overs and included some other clips, but there was not enough time or resources to do so. Regardless, I feel that this movie opening fits well within the crime genre. This is our Final Task and me and Taylor are happy to present it finished and done! I hope that all the effort, time, and motivation we had to put and muster for this project payed off! I am deeply satisfied that I learned a lot of new skills and topics from my time with the AICE Media class and this is our fruit of all of our, mine and Taylor's, hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment