Sunday, April 5, 2020

Filming Blog: Finishing the Filming Portion from Home

Filming Blog
   A few days ago, I realized we were missing something to put into the movie, which was a shot-reverse-shot. I texted Taylor, my partner, and asked her about this. She did respond, but said, "...we could film again, or we could just leave that off." I gave her instruction to record and film her brother doing something that could work if we filmed in separate houses. She said, "okay." On Thursday, April 2, I record a bunch, many, different videos of my brother looking towards the left of the screen and saying something. This would be followed up by Taylor's brother getting filmed and looking to the right of the screen. This could work out as a shot-reverse-shot. I recorded my brother behind a black chair in a dark room at night so it wouldn't be that easy to tell we weren't recording at Taylor's house. It was kind of hard to see in the background, but it wouldn't matter much since there wasn't much detail to notice at to compare Taylor's house and mine in the shot.

   I took 18 videos of the same scene but in slightly different ways. In total, I recorded three of the shots horizontally and the rest of them, 15, vertically. I sent her one of them, which was one of the horizontal ones. I sent her the video by text messaging her. I would have hoped she understood what it was. The next day, on Friday, I told her what the video was for. This was just in case she didn't understand. The corona-virus may have made us scared of going outside, but this doesn't stop us from filming and editing together from different places. I am currently worried about posting the rest of my blogs in a timely and orderly fashion to give the best possible experience in writing and reading them. I hope Taylor took this message and filmed the counterpart to my video, so then we could get all the marks needed on this movie to succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment