Saturday, December 26, 2020

The Start of my Filming

 The Start of my Filming

    I have successfully started to film. Today I wanted to start filming something, at least the Fortnite content. I had asked my friends if they would be interested in helping out with this portion of the film. One of them, hopefully, will now be helping me to move on with the trial stage of filming. I had started the game and I checked my storyboard for what content I should be recording. The first thing I put was myself being eliminated in the game. Eventually, as I went into a game, I got eliminated. I recorded 9 minutes and 28 seconds of content and I only needed the last 10 seconds of the recording. When I get into the editing process is when I will be editing my recordings. I play Fortnite at 75 frames per second, because my monitor can't support more than that. Though, Fortnite is actually pushing for 120 frames per second because of my settings. This can cause "screen-tears" so that the recording may look weird. I checked the recording, and the main thing that popped out to me was the choppiness of it. The FPS, frames per second, on it is most likely 30 FPS. This would look terrible when I film myself playing the game.

    Luckily, I know of another way of filming, through my Twitch streams. I can stream my game onto Twitch in 1080p and 60 FPS, which is what I want. When I finish streaming, I can download my stream and save it. I tested out this feature and I streamed in 720p and 60 FPS. When I finished the stream, and checked it over, it looked better than the other recording in terms of FPS. The resolution was not high enough, so when I will switch it to 1080p, it will look amazing. So far I have successfully completed my trial stage of filming and will now begin to film as the days go on. I am more relieved now to be past the trial stage and I can now start filming. I will blog more about other news relating to the music content soon, stay tuned!

(This is a screenshot of my Twitch recording for the test run on the quality of the video)


No comments:

Post a Comment